Hype Machine is one of the tools I use when looking for something new to listen to. If you aren’t familiar with Hype Machine, it’s a site that streams the most blogged about songs on the web. Basically it’s the coolest invention ever. It essentially eliminates the “searching through blogs and reading” step when looking for new songs on the web.
The songs can be hit or miss though. Sometimes there are too many remixes for my taste, not Hypem’s fault (just those pesky bloggers). It does get the job done most of the time though, I can usually find at least one new song I haven’t heard before that I really dig.
Not saying you should stop visiting music blogs (aka don’t start skipping out on CJ!), but if you are looking to just listen to some new music real quick, Hype Machine is where it’s at.
These are my top songs featured on Hype Machine in the past few weeks-
- Bastille - No Angel Ft. Ella (mash up- No Scrubs by TLC vs. The xx’s Angels) https://soundcloud.com/fadedglamourblog/bastille-ft-ella-no-angels-the
- RAC - Cheap Sunglasses Ft. Matthew Koma (off of RAC’s recently released album, Strangers Part II) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EirUcCowe9E
- SIREN. - I Think I Like You (sweet, seductive and super catchy) https://soundcloud.com/wearesirensound/i-think-i-like-you
- MØ - Say You’ll Be There (Spice Girls cover) https://soundcloud.com/momomoyouth/m-say-youll-be-there
- Jaymes Young - Habits of My Heart (A remake of Sufjan Stevens’ “Concerning The UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois”) https://soundcloud.com/jaymes-young/habits-of-my-heart